Monday, February 20, 2012

Fresh Salmon Casserole (with pictures!)

Ok guys, I finally got my camera back from my 14 year old daughter, she needed it to make a video of a science project.  I have been telling her for the past three days that I need my camera back and then today while the veggies were sauting for this recipe I was screaming to her to bring me my camera!!!!  So here it goes for the recipe plus pictures!

1/2 pound fresh salmon (check to see where it is from)  I do not buy from far away lands and like farm raised if possible
1 cup brown rice (rinsed)
1 sweet potato (skin off)
1 zucchini grated
1 bunch of tender asparagus cut in very small slices
2 gloves of garlic minced or put through a garlic press
2 teaspoons of EVOO for sauting
2 Tablespoons of plain Kefir
2 eggs

Cook the brown rice in a pot of water covering the rice two times.  Cook for 70 minutes!  Yes cook the rice that long so it is easily disgestable and I say to put that much water in so you don't burn your pot.  I do put a swig of EVOO in the water.





While cooking the rice,baked the salmon with some EVOO on 375 until cooked around 15 minutes and








boil the sweet potatoes in water until tender.





Put the cooked salmon and sweet potato in a food processor and mix with the Kefir.







Cook the zucchini, asparagus and garlic until veggies are tender.





When the rice is done, mix it with everything including the eggs.

Place in a 9x13 baker with EVOO on the bottom and cook at 375 for around 25 minutes!


If your dog can't do dairy, don't put in the Kefir; if you don't have those veggies, use other veggies.  Just cook for your dogs, they will thank you and you will be providing them with the healthiest food ever!














No comments:

Post a Comment